Calico Brands, Inc. takes great pride in the fact that all the lighters have been tested for compliance with the CPSC and ASTM’s established standards for child safety and meet or exceed these standards. Nevertheless, it is important to understand that flame producing devices are adult products and that consumers must take the following steps to ensure their own safety and that of their loved ones.
- Keep lighters out of the reach of children.
- No lighter is child proof. The child resistant feature of our lighters are not a substitute for proper adult supervision.
- It may be possible for children to operate lighters if left unattended, which could lead to serious property damage,injury, or death.
- Failure to follow instructions may result in burn injury.
- Ignite utility lighters away from face and clothing.
- Do not use utility lighters to light cigarettes, cigars or pipes.
- Do not keep lighters lit for more than 30 seconds.
- Be sure flame is extinguished after each use.
- Do not inhale the contents.
- Never expose lighters to temperatures above 120 F (49 C).
- Do not leave lighters in direct sun or in an automobile where temperatures may exceed 120 F (49 C).
- Never puncture or put in fire.
- Do not attempt to refill disposable lighters.
- Extreme heat is present above the visible flame. Do not touch nozzle tip after use.
- Follow all instructions and warnings provided by manufacturer of appliances or any other item when using lighters.